Marking exam papers late June 2010

Posted by sazali

Salam.

Today I decide to start marking the paper called Computer Ethics and Social. It is half objjective and the other half it seems so structured type.

2) Surprisingly the paper looks like Paper set in 2005/06 with some changes here and there.

3) To mark I have to refer to my Head Department for the scheme of marks. Then off I go with marking the objectives parts. Surprisingly almost 100% of them got above 15/20 marks. Brilliant isn't it?

4) Unfortunately the structured questions are not that easy for lazy type of students ( who only read from power point notes). This is the area that I am going to penalize them so that I can get a good normal distribution graph. Report has to be done regarding my students' performance in this paper BIT 2012 FTMM UTHM Johor. I have decided not to give any maximum marks for any section that did not come with any elaboration. Since I got some experience learning from courses held by IAB Sri Layang I intend to implement strict marking on the structured part of this paper. At least at the end of the day I can send a strong message that I demand wide reading from my respected students as the most important virtue in reading degrees in a university like UTHM, Johor.

I think thats all for today folks. Happy Holidays.

0 comments:

Post a Comment