Allahyarham NORDIN MOHD NOR

Posted by sazali

Salam.

Last night my mum called from Kelantan. My sister called me too a bit earlier from Kajang. Many relatives did that .. from all over Malaysia to inform the saddest news. My cousin brother 'Abg Deen' has passed away in his sleep. Al-fatihah. At this news, I got another news .. I got AKC 2009. What a 'point of departure'?

2) My cousin was a clever man. His strong quality is in English. Better than mine to be honest. But ..he lost his memory after learning all kinds of internal bathin power and silat 'harimau' and what not .. from unknown sheikhs in Port Dickson/ Sumatera 30 years ago. Once he invited me sailing to Medan. Well I declined. I prefer buying a James Bond golden gun. Just shoot the bastards. He..he.. (my thinking at the age of 17 plus). Nordin was a police inspector trainee. After he lost his memory he lost his training ship too.

3) Every time I went back to KB, I made it a point to meet him at least 20 to 30 minutes. He lived all alone by himself in an old house(hut). Even though he looked 'strange' he can still find his home after walking so aimlessly on the street of Megacity , Kota Bharu, Kelantan. He left point 'A' and walked points 'B' and 'C' ..strangely he managed to come back to point 'A'. So he was OK mentally, I mean. It was must duty - that - I must Chat with him and of course I gave him some cash to buy cigarettees and what not. I love to see him smiling and laughing with all kinds of news / happenings/ if he laugh I will also laugh. He could still read London Times/ Guardian/ Newsweeek / Times magazines. And surprisingly he can comment on politics in Malysia. Strange! the doctors said 'he is not fit to work'.

4) He stayed with us in the police barrack in Johor and Trengganu in 1960s - 1970s.. Since his mother passed away when he was 7 years old my parents took him as their own son. So basically he is my brother in and out. Even though he was ill (losing memory) .. he can speak English very well. He went to PD , N9 school for a while in Form 4 and 5. He swore things in English! Brillliant you Deen.

Well abg deen .. it seems that you have said GOOD BYE to me. May Allah gives you happines in the next world. Ameen. My fatihah to you my dearest brother. Insyallah I will put some cash for you in the masjids ..when ever I put mine . of course , I will miss you Abg Deen. Now KB won't be the same again without your smiles, giggling noise in the middle of the night and many more. AL FATIHAH.



wasallam.

0 comments:

Post a Comment