English Lessons for malays 30

Posted by sazali

Hi!

Good grief! we are at the last lesson today. We come to the close.

2) My old teacher - my great teacher - the late Mr Yusof Ngah ( TMS, Besut) used to say .. everything that starts will surely come to an end. What a true statement he spoke about this point - THe last class.

3) I think we can be good English readers/writers if we observe three small things:

3.1 listen carefully how the native english speak from the BBC news London. Try and imitate them. Mr Yusof Ngah asked me to act on a play called ' The King and I " in 1972 where the students were forced to listen/ to pronounce each word as clearly as possible. Luckily we were trained by Miss Alison ( Australia Peace Corp).

3.2 try and watch English movies from England. Why? we are close followers on english from them - our past masters.

3.3 try and read a lot. And don't forget to write in a proper sentence. Avoid using SMS English. It will spoil your spelling skills and effort.

With that , I would like to say Thank YOu to BLIND ME - Ali, Ranjit, Mr Brown, May (chinese) ,,.. my lovely actors in 'MIND YOUR ENGLISH' .. which was put on TV while I was doing my A Levels 1975 - 1977 in Grantham, England. What a laugh we had all the while we were there .. the plays are always fresh in my mind.


Wishing you well in your English!

Good Bye every body.

0 comments:

Post a Comment