Teaching my students mathematics

Posted by sazali

Salam.

and Good Morning.


Today I am teaching SERIES - a topic on number structure. I remembered my teacher DR Hewitt teaching mne this at my masters level in Birmingham.

It looks so simple but I nearly failed my 10000 word essay. Laugh.

2) I learnt it with a softawre called DERIVE.

I think it was a very good course. It took me by surprise how chinese developed their number structures and the Greek did theirs too. Muslim was also great .. Khawarisma mathe,matics but ..muslims were great many many many years ago not now.

Do you think we must live with that greatness at present? Do you think we can survive technology just because arabs were so good in maths ( they discover astronomy and ilmu falak).

We called that GREAT BRITISH EMPIRE. not now anymore?

He..he..

3) In this class with my students I have to show them how number structure came about. The formula involved and many more interesting things that came from that structure alone using EXCEL software. This is Maths IT Diploma levels in UTHM

Hope they can derived lots of benefit from this course. Next is calculus and maximum minimum problem. You remember any?

TQ.

wallahu aklam.

0 comments:

Post a Comment