Appointed as the Chairperson Viva MIT Tuesday 17 August 2010

Posted by sazali

Salam

I got a letter appointing me as a chairperson during a masters IT Viva tomorrow.

2) This is my second appointment since getting my PhD last few months. I try to read my job spec and how the job must be run. Alas ..today my head spin a bit because .. may be it is a fasting month of Ramadhan. However I wish the candidate all the best.

3) THe internal examiner is my next door neighbour. Dr Rathiah. She complained that the english used was not up to mark in the thesis. At that point, honestly, I just keep my mouth shut. Who am I to complain? At least there is a malay student who dare to write her research in English and by doing so she is brave enough to publish her work for the whole world to read. He..he..

4) The next part is to think what dress I must put on. In the letter of appointment there is morning drink at 0900 am. Strange and weird this graduate school. They must have overlooked this part because in Ramadhan .. who dare to eat in the public. I don't dare. Facebook? Your face will be out every where and it is very dangerous.

5) I think i want to read the thesis and get some feeling about the work. Hopefully it is going to qualify for a 'PASS with a little bit of editing'.

Wallahu alam.

0 comments:

Post a Comment