Can we get everything in this short life?

Posted by sazali

Salam

Today I would like to do at least 10 things - mark maths test, quiz, translating a phd thesis into a book, claim industrial visit last week in July 2010, talk about Infosys Meeting in Pan Pacific Hotel, etc etc. But the most important thing is to pick up my youngest girl from her school at 0100 sharp.

I managed to do only 2 things - small translation and making claims - travelling to Kedah last week. I would like to join Dr Rathiah in a Java Programming class i.e., I heard they r concluding the classes tomorrow. Urgh! just cannot beat her .. this time. She had all the luxuries attending that course while I was travelling all the way up north to the malay peninsular. God willing , i will enter her classes in java later. Must pick up some new programming skills - the in-thing among the young graduates nowadays.

I would love to treat Madamme Nur Sopia Ripin - for lunch but alas .. at 100 sharp I have to collect my daughter. Perhaps she has to lunch by her ownself. Hard luck! Soon a yemenish student coming to see me regarding his research proposal at 200 sharp ..but now the time is 224 pm . where on earth is this man? I had wasted my breath rushing for this appointment. Bugger him!

As a teacher , all students are right. Why? students are customers. In business world, the customer is always right? See the flow diagram in a big stomach chinese man's office. It says u r right, you are always right ,...but you got many complaints ... from all sorts of customers .. (arguement starts between the bos and me ) ..then .. by the time I wanted to eat him .. he pinpointed rule number 1 in business. Read it plz.

Yes the customer is always right!

3) So thats why I am in the office still .. without seeing that boy's face yet.
4) Time always drag and drag. This morning I met Penerbit XXX Kuala Lumpur - Mr Zamri. We were discussing things about japanese comic - mangga. They told me ..japanese youngster are picking up learning maths from comics and mobile technology. One business man is importing 8 milion comics into Malysia to cater for this trend. What is your comment Prof?

Well I cannot make any comment yet. Why? I don't like comics. The nearest I got was Lat's Budak kampung in 1980 that was given as a prize for my exam results in Ipoh. After that .. Gila-gila magazines etc etc.. but now ..i had stopped reading comics.

See .. there are so many new demands from others to us but unfortunately .. we cannot handle all those at one time. Some has to go else where. Similar is driving a MPV. We would like to watch the video from the car deck but we must keep our eyes so focus to the roads. See.. we cannot do too many things at one time. Similar is the case of mewanting to know somethng about Java but at the same time one arab student puts that into a hold .. me still waiting for him to come and show me his latest masters IT proposal. If in an uncivilized world , .. we can shoot him down by the time he pops in .. but plz refer again ..rule # 1 business. Correct. Customer is always right. This is happening in Malaysian education. Time is not so much a tangible things that we can control but rather .. every body seems to arrange things anytime they fancy. Thi smorning I heard Registrar conducted a talk on fasting Ramadhan preparation while at the same time across the university .. there is a Java Programming course running as well. So where is 'control' here? Should it not be a good idea if every body can attend the talk .. I heard it was given out by a big scholar.

Well. I cannot complain. I am not a minister what! What I can do is .. make sure I am safe and sound .. until there is still tomorrow. Yups.. this student come at 245pm. See .. arabian time!

ha..ha.. he is always right. (laugh)

0 comments:

Post a Comment