masak asam pedas kepala ikan merah

Posted by sazali

Salam

I went out during my lunch break today. Destination: Takaful Islam, Batu Pahat. On my way , I stopped at a stall next to Main Post Office Batu Pahat. Guess what? this is the place so famous for their delicacy 'asam pedas ikan merah or ikan pari'.

Since I was alone, I ordered a plate of rice. The owner asked 'with what Sir?'. my reply was ' some veg and ikan merah ...'. please. Ohhh we got left the head of the fish only young man, u want Sir?

of course I wanted it since I had missed my 10:00 am coffee break.

2) About 10 minutes .. they came with a big big head of a fish. My eye balls nearly pop-out looking at the head of the fish. Aha.. so big a head .. you mean ... any soul can eat all this by himself Pak Udin?

So I started to eat. My first bite .. it tasted a bit bitter 'pahit' and it did not create any sense of 'fineness' from the report I got about this place. So I lost the first impression part of this stall. however I kept on eating .. trying not to complain anything any more. After all, I was the one who was going to pay. Like it or not!

I didn't eat all the fish .. the malay said 'tak sedap lah...' 'it didn't taste so good at all.' Quickly I called the shop assistant and soon the owner came with a big calculator. I told myself secretly '.. wooo everything big here.... '. So he counted my bill. RM19.00

I didn't say much .. RM19/= was quickly settled with my RM50 note. balance RM31

2) The next destination was Takaful Malaysia. I paid RM500 for my 7 year old Wira 1.5. insurance. the car is Insured for RM19000 only. FYI , I bought it at RM48,000 6 years ago. See? the Makaysian wira has gone down so much ... never mind. I kept on saying to myself.

I took a taxi home to my university. All along the way .. I looked at the big head of the fish which was properly packed by the man from the stall. So bitter and .. tak sedap langsung ... it was after all so nice story and it is quite far from my taste ...he..he. I smiled quietly .. and think .. well sometime .. you must start to appreciate your wife's cooking all these years eventually. The only point I wanted to make is ..I should have brought my family along and enjoy this fish's head of Batu Pahat. Sorry .. my wife's cooking is still the best! alas I had taken her strong point .. just for granted.

TQ. wasallam. wallahu aklam.

0 comments:

Post a Comment