Time is ticking away fast

Posted by sazali

Salam.

I was away to JB Suite Hotel last weekend. Preparing SKT faculty FSKTM UTHM.

I was appointed to head 'Bidang Kemasyrakatan'. Since it only contributes 5% of the whole SKT faculty .. we just think and plan what we think we can do .. within 12 months. The activities are many including English speaking courses for the kampung folks. It looks so strange , doesn't it? teaching them to speak english with me as the main co-ordinator.

2) Actually malays like to speak english with all other races except its own. Believe me? I learnt more english with my indian teachers some time back in 1970's. It works magic! now KPM employs malay teachers teaching english to the kampung boys. See the result! my students in polytechnic kota bharu 2002 batch .. nearly 80% of them came to polytechnic with F9 English. In short they failed the subject called 'English'. Another point is .. the students did not like to read any thing except something .. not going to be examined by the teachers. Just check .. who are the readers of Metro papers? You are correct again. The same malays. why? what is there in the papers are non-related to any kind of exam questions for example . titles of the news 'Minah Jongngang hijacked by Bangla carpet seller'. What is there to be examined with this kind of news .. read by the malay students , every day , .. day in and day out. But they like to buy this kind of papers. Ajaib?

3) the time is ticking away. fast . vey fast. i must finish my book. dead or alive. yes, i am about to finish the book. Just waiting for me daughter in law to summarize the main points from Chapter 2. i didn;t dare to summarize it myself because everything I wrote .. it is all important. Whi wants to cut their own ideas? No body want , right? Believe me. This lady . .. she can write good malay sentences. STF graduate. Very good. I was completely amazed by her skills. Who knows .. with her touch , my book will look so nice. He..he.. positive thinking , right?

Now I just check, double check ..the malay translation.

Thinkk thats all for the time being. take care. You.

Wasallam. Wallahu aklam.

0 comments:

Post a Comment