Industrial Visit in Kedah

Posted by sazali

Salam

Just came back from an industrial visit this time. What I saw was:

a) few students did not understand why they have to do LI in the first place. they did not bring their log book to be checked

b) polytechnics have their own IT staff. they are developing their own web sites reggarding inventories, subjects etc etc. therefore by taking our students into theirr team .. our student can learn a bit here and there only. Challenging and thinking level are not so much tested at any time at these places.

c) there is no mention of any date lines. Thus as a result our LI students may tend to show lack of seriousness in the implementation of their work. this is not good for our LI students.I think this may be happening (rampantly) in most government IT offices. No solid date lines like what is practiced widely in private firms!

d) many are using PHP. According to MIMOS .. this is not good for IT graduates when they are relying too much on PHP / outsourse/ opensource programming codes. Because in practise it is all solid programiing work in java, c++, visual basics ..

e) SE (software engineering ) students are doing IS (information system) jobs and vice versa.

I think polytechnic and Kolej Komuniti placements for IT students must be carefully reconsidered in the coming future. We are trying to avoid complacency / bad work attitude as early as possible among the interns. I think it is better to put them in many IT centres in various faculties in UTHM or other universities. At least there is bigger chance that they get serious supervisors / researchers.

I managed to visit my old friends in 3 polytechnics. Polytechnic Sabak Bernam, Polytechnic Seberang Prai, Pulau Pinang and Polytechnic Kulim, Kedah.

2) What did I find out? Many things examples all my friends got their DG48 columnrized. This is my first time I met this word. It may mean ..time based promotion. Congrat my friends - Hj Shamsul, Hj Wan Mustafa, .. , Mr Nizam, Mr Khairol Thalleh , Mr Engku Mahathir.. congrat! hope we can be better lecturers.

3) Most of us .. well ..age has caught us up. Right? We are not looking good any more. The clear signs are our beard are getting fairer/ whiter/ .. and our eyes look a bit swollen. Well .. be careful. Avoid tension n stress in our life. Practise solat in the end of the night(tahajud) and the early portion of the day (dhuha). Ask Allah to include us in the work of dakwah. We will never loss doing business (dakwah) ..tijaroh .. with the Almighty Allah.

4) And we are driving better cars. Good. People said ".. cars are symbols of job success.." but I still enjoy Wira. I love Proton products. Helping my children to grow in Proton. Our own industries. Moreover the profit they make contribute some money to sponsor more students going abroad. Sedekah sikit lah tu. Right? Laugh.

have a great day my friends. Wasallam.

0 comments:

Post a Comment