New semester 2010/2011 begins tomorow

Posted by sazali

salam.

Yes tomorow Monday 12 JUly 2010 a new semester begins. As many as 2500 new students enrolled into UTHM. What a big number this time!

2) As a teaching staff .. i must be more organized, matured and well read in order to serve my new students coming into my university. Glad that a 7 storey building called UTHM library is ready now to serve so many fresh and graduate students. I was assigned to teach DIT subject Computer Ethics and may be may be lead 8 students repeating Maths IT 1 paper - composing of algebra, calculus and mastering EXCEL and SPSS tools as the application tools in understanding figures in spreadsheets and charts. God willing we all hope that this year will be a great year to work as a teacher, mentor, motivator etc etc.

3) I always call myself as a teacher. I teach new students new things like SPSS fundamentals. Insyallah this year I want to walk with them some more fundamentals of statistics so that one day when they go to read advance degrees like masters and Ph.D at least they can read journals comfortably. The good thing about maths is that .. it is not so mobile like IT software and tools like Flash MX 2004, CS3 Cs4 etc etc. That new changing ing software is mad to preapre notes and exercises. I prefer maths. It is something we can relate to our everyday life examples: to pray in congregation u will get 27 degrees superiority than to pray alone. Next: to read 1 ayat of Al Quraan you will get 10 hasanah (rewards) from your lord. Which do u prefer to read? Al Quraan with great news about this dunia and akhirat Or just the daily METRO with all kinds of news especially rasuah, pembunuhan, rompakan, rape, sexual abuse , sports etc etc.? He..he..

See I can relate things faster between maths and day to day human activties. As a teacher we must lead with good moral examples such as wide reading, talk well and polished.. o yes .. i always told my students .. since as a student I was sponsored all throug out my life (from LCE, MCE, A levels, degree, masters, and Ph.D) I think .. i can impart some good moral values to my new students. What is it? Walk your talk. Buat apa kita cakap kan. Jgn buat tak serupa bikin. Right? Insyallah lets pray to Allah .. this can be done in a natural way- you and me too. Ameen.

TQ. Wasallam. p/s: mereka datang seribu harapan, biarlah mereka pulang sejuta kejayaan and pi kerja berjuta juta lagi sumbangan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment