Plan to visit my LI students Kedah n Penang

Posted by sazali

Salam.

Insyallah next week I will be travelling to 3 states north of the peninsular malaysia called Penang, Kedah and Perak. Objective to see how good my FTMM students doing in those industries.

2) I just wonder why they chose polytechnics as their industrial placements? May be .. they got no other choice. Or perhaps no industries want them in. Pity.

3) Since I cam from polytechnic kota bharu ..I can figure out how serious a computer project they can afford to do within 4 to 6 months there. It is better to do computer training in MIMOS, TNB , TELEKOM, UM, TOYOTA etc etc .. established centres where the supervisors there really looking forward to get extra ideas how to implement certain ideas .. extending old work left by former LI students ecetra ecetra. When I was young I did industrial training in Sheffield University and Leeds University Hospital. The projects were more of O.R. scheduling max min problem. It was all solid programming using Pascal and COBOL.

In Malaysian polytechnics, I would rather want them to implement a system like 'recording staff attendance in their respective polytechnics'. at the end of day .. the system will print out 3 categories of reports. first - good attendance, second - bad attendance that come with warning and thirdly .. just so so attendance. let it out on the web. Wouldn't it be good for everybody out there?


I anticipate at the first try .. it would not be so good as the university attendance system but at least .. we crack the brain out of the trainees. We do not want them .. to spend a great life shaking their legs .. since they are well protected by their uncles and aunthies.. who would be making all out effort to pass them with ..meagre level of I.T jobs. What say you ? He..he.

In the second and third try .. it will do a lot of good to everybody.

wallahu alam

0 comments:

Post a Comment