when we are so bored what should we do?

Posted by sazali

Salam.

Quite bored today. My neighbours are no where to be seen. Usually i can hear their energetic voice, laughter and all their footsteps .. up and down , all along the corridor.

That sometimes can lift my spirit a bit up .. He..he..

2) I just marks 10 scripts on mathematics problem solving among my repeating students. So bad! If I live in Mexiico I can shoot them down one after the other. Why? They can't solve even simple linear equation like 2x + 2 ? many of them put as 4x. Another question is more interesting .. 2x - x = the answer is '2'. Great!! that makes my day.

One of the problems teaching maths among low achievers is .. they think they can pass this paper just becuase they are taking this paper twice already. They think we are going to set a simpler paper dedicated for their misery and sorrow so far. What a feeling huhhh...? The problem is my university wanted everythng to be recorded as ISO 9001 therefore the questions set in the final paper must be as high as other universities like UTM, UiTM etc etc.

In another angle, why should we keep poor achieving students onger in this institution. What will we get at the end of the day? Are we trying to reduce problem related to 'mat rempit', 'mat gian' etc etc? I still cannot figutre out all the answers yet. 30 years ago .. my poor performing friends were kicked from the university if they had failed mathematics. As easy as that. Unsurprisingly I found that these so called rejeceted did vety well in other fields .. other than accounting, engineering, compurer IT experts etc etc. Few of them married with one who are much academically bettr off than them in all aspects. See? God is very kind to them. One of them is just a driver to his wife who is an achitect and they seem to live happy ever after just like Cinderella who married the Prince of Kelaten. See? why worry of kicking these poor souls out from our system. They will do better if .. we trust Allah more and more. I pity them becuase they could not see the logic of 2x - x = x. Where has the '2' gone? any offer plz.

I think thats all for now.

Wallahu alam.

0 comments:

Post a Comment