The word lecture and lectureR

Posted by sazali

Salam

I saw many people from many walks of life seem to be confuse with these 2 words.  I got many forms from my ex-student asking me to be their referee while they are trying to read post graduate studies of many kinds.  They put my name as DR X and next after that .. DR X is a lecture.

After spending more than 15 - 17 years at schools, polytechnics and a university .. they are still not so sure which is which.  a very Sad state of ENGLISH in Malaysia among the graduates.  Ooopps mind you .. I am not their English teacher.

Lecture/  Lecturer.

1)  lecture -  is the content of a speech given by an authorised person called Professor.  In malay it is 'kuliah'.  Examples  islamic lecture -  kuliah agama.

2)  lecturer -  is the person who gives the lesson.

Example:  Prof Dr Zarar is a famous lectureRRR.

This means that Dr Zarar is someone who teach at a university.

Hope this simple communication helps you my readers.

Thank you.

wallahu aklam.

0 comments:

Post a Comment