High Performing Schools 4th Feb 2012

Posted by sazali

Salam

I read the STAR Malaysia today. 14 more schools MOE are promoted as High Performance Schools including my alma mater - SK Tengku Mahmud, Besut, Terengganu. Congratulations! my nosetrils cannot stop expanding and contracting.

2) I am proud to admit that I was a student there in 1969. After UPSR , I moved to SM Tengku Mahmud in Form 1 H. It was the last 2 classes at the back of the new building. This class was dedicated for graduates from SK Tengku Mahmud. My friends were Joharani Dollah, Md Azman Hj Ahmad, Wan Asma bte Wan Khalid, Saleha bte Ahmad, Md Dahlan Omar, Lee Chong Seong .. and the rest whom I might have forgotten. Joharani is now an Education Officer in JPNK Kota Bharu.

Azman is an Electrical Engineer JKR Kuala Terengganu. J54. Mr Lee must be a successful Sime Darby manager CEO I guess. Well I miss both of them .

3) As a father , i just wonder what each of the school is going to do with RM800,000 awarded by the government this year and RM700,000 more next year as a primary school. (refer to the Star Paper, 4th FEb)

My daughter told me .. they are going overseas to visit / participate some events like education + cultural + competitions + ... and the oversea school will visit them next year. Reciprocal?

but how many are going? How many teachers and pupils are going ..; how do they choose? Will there be a fair system in choosing who can go and who can stay put?

From the report , then they will have solid autonomy in recruiting staff, students etc etc ..running the school. I hope they will paint the school building with better colours and buy more books for the library etc etc.
This year 2012,
my youngest daughter is now in KISAS Kolej Islam Klang. KISAS is also a HPS / SBT / sekolah berprestasi tinggi @ sekolah budak tidur since many of the students were too exhausted with so many daily activities except 'serious learning' in Form 4. I knew this because the school is holding many kinds of events so that eventually KISAS will look like an international school with a specific strenght such as a top school that excel only in games - hockey/ cricket/ bowlings/ soccer. SM Sains Johor in Kluang also got SBT/HPS status ..it is well known for sports excellence in hockey. I think that is good. But if you were to scan through many top hockey international players that malaysia was proud to have produced so far like Team Malaysia 1975 World Cup Hockey held in Ipoh ; i think none of the player was anything good in study except hockey. So I just wonder whether my alma mater SM Tengku Mahmud Besut can ever produce top world class sport athlete like Datuk Nicol Davies who excel in Squash. Therefore in order to catch some sleep, they really sleep in the classrooms during the normal teaching period and during the last semester exam, many of her classmates got 'red marks' in their school report. I was very furious with this SBT philosophy since what is this all about. She performed worse in Add Maths .. getting 30 marks .. she told me she hardly understand important concepts in maths because every body was rushing in SBT/ HPS every day. And sometime her maths teacher was missing attending meetings that never ends. Is that good? A school is suppose to educate our children the best that they can. She told me few of her friends went to Australia last year. But they paid half by themselves. They were children from well to do families , she suppose. So I just wonder .. why the parents have to pay half when the government have paid that amount of money RM800K + RM700K = RM1.5 millions.

From many years of serious readings from the news papers .. not many of us are good at handling big sum of money . Just look at a lady minisiter case with 250 millions NFL ..suppose to do something on cows' project. Some of the money were mismanaged by her children instead . How I wish to be appointed as the CEO of a firm and have all the autonomy in deciding which type of cow to buy, to breed and .. in the end I can some how do magic .. buy properties in .. few other countries. He..he..


Ok then. He..he.. I hope ..one day ..we are proud to be somebody from HPS/ SBT .. [ father = SBT = daughters and son = SBT also; therefore we are all SBT products, you know?] since the government is pumping so much money into the school system. I hope we can produced world class engineers and of course world class cars - PROTON but after buying 3 types of proton cars ..their power windows seem not to be working so well as compared to my new VIOS Toyota G model car. Brilliant product mate?

Wasallam. wallahu aklam. God Knows Best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment