Why I write (1)

Posted by sazali

Salam and a very good morning my dear respected readers

I write because of few important reasons.  Among them are:

(i)  I want to share my idea and I want to hear from you too.  To get an idea , I have to spend some time reading something close to my heart.  If I love English Literature then I will know something about Macbeth, The Life of Ghandi, Up and down of Yaseer Arafat, The Doctor in the House (Mahathir)  and many more.  I love reading.   I think as a teacher, we must love to read something related to our profession.  Tragedy happens to any country, if the teacher or lecturers do take other activities other than reading and disseminating knowledge to the world at large.

(ii)  I have the feeling that I some level of  education (action.. he..he..).  Why?  The answer is very simple.  I was a fully sponsored student by the most generous government of this earth called Malaysia since I was 17 years old when I was sent abroad to Grantham College of Further Education, Lincs, England.  Then I continued my education at Leeds, Birmingham (UK) and Royal Creek, Malaysia.  All fully paid. The school and university fees , I mean.   In England, my brain was trained by western professors who wrote many kinds of books and these books are purchased by the asian, afican and Arab countries far and wide.  Yes.. I got my PhD at last.  Since I had written 3 thesis from my degree , masters and PhD ..  whereby the whole thesis is more than 30,000 words long .. my kelantanese people want me to express my idea to the whole mankind ..   please bear it my dear readers ..  may I write something for myself , my children, my students and the rest of you out there.  Please.  During the study, I  wrote few papers for Science Direct Elsevier and presented some papers in WSEAS Conferences in Greece and Spain , SEAMEO RECSAM conferences COSMED in Penang and I had collaborated with few scholars in Vietnam and  Acheh.  MY children went abroad too to take degree.  TQ Malaysia!  They went to Science MARA colleges and One  is an offshore engineer for an oil company and (i am so happy; alhamdulilah)  she is an alumni of  Maahad Muhammadi Perempuan (Yayasan Islam Kelantan).  I wrote that I am happy at this point because many years ago ..when I sent my best girl to a religious school , a strong UMNO man from Bachok challenged me  '  .. what future will your daughter holds by going to a purely Islamic school with 14~ 18 different subjects yearly?..'. I replied '.. Allah is the only one  .. tawakaltu ala llah'.  You know .. that teacher has long passed away.

If every  PhD holders in this country contribute a book (only 1 good book) each then I am sure Malaysia can have at least 10,000 different books that are read , referred  and discussed by the present generation and the future one.  They will be stocked in Malaysian universities' libraries.  One of the problem  is some scholars left the work of serious writing after their PhD and getting higher and higher posts (administration) in their offices respectively and consequently, we are spending millions in buying foreign books for our universities.  Why?  some of us decided not to write anymore.  Period!

I think by writing .  indirectly I am paying back what is due to the country.  Of course , I am not saying that my idea is as good as Tun Mahathir .. but .. the idea that are put on this blog ..can match it word by word if I were a Prime Minister  Malaysia for 22 years. Look 22 long years!  He has done so much to the country by building more than 1000 km express highway called PLUS.He has thought doing this gigantic project .. after some writing and more writing using his computer daily.  He also wrote dilemma of the malays. Many of us did not like this type of writing because we are exposing our own short comings to the world at large.  But writing he did and I am sure he is enjoying his writing at this age.  In this blog, I write as a teacher.  Is this wrong?

When great thinkers and scholars did not write .. then other kind of people will write.  They will write many other stories that are familiar to their experience and reputation.  Some old people wrote to destroy the present and the coming generations.  One of them is stories with TOK BOMOH.  To prove what I said , I asked my grand son Iman to google the word and ..there goes .. all the funny stuff for the readers to refer at regardless of age.

I think that is all 'Cikgu' can write for you  today but before I pen off .. I would like to add few interesting quotes I got from Star paper yesterday.  It was written by Jose Mario Dolor De Vega.  From his writing he got this

"Sir Francis Bacon -  reading maketh a full man, conference a ready man, and writing an exact man.

If any man wishes to write in a clear style, let him first be clear in his thoughts;  and if any would write in a noble style , let him first possess a noble soul.

A writer is a writer not because she writes well and easily, because she has amazing talent , because everything she does is golden /.... a writer is a writer because even when there is no hope, even when nothing shows any sign of promise, you keep writing any way.

That is the ultimate aim of a truly free and creative education!  ( Jose Mario Dolor De Vega) Star(M) thursday 13th Sept 2012.

With that I leave you ..  I would like to say sorry if my writing is bad and hurting your feelings ..but .. we are still in the month of Syawal (immediately after Ramadhan).. Selamat Hari Raya . Maaf Zahir dan Bathin.

Malaysia Can!

Wallahu aklam.

Dr S.  ( anak jati Kelate 1957; limbs made in Kelantan but ..mind and soul manufactured in UK).  Subhanallah, Alhamdulilah and Allah hu akbar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment