English Lessons for Malays 15

Posted by sazali

Hi!

Great to be back .. in the class I mean. He..he.. it is raining so heavily outside. Hush ..so cold and bloody wet.

2) OK then .. what are we here for? Good .. English class right?

3) Today I want to teach you more on making questions and replies in English.

say you enter a restaurant in Kuala Lumpur.

The assistant girl ask: YES MR. Can I take your orders for Drinks please?

YOU : ? ? ( what are you going to response )

Types of responses:

a) You can say .. "So fast you ... I just arrived .. can't you give me a minute to settle down .. gurl." He..he..

b) or You can say .. " hot HORLICKS please."

The assistant : I am afraid there is no HORLICKS here Sir. Any thing else?

Types of responses:

a) Blind me ! no hoclicks in Kuala Lumpur like this.

b) Ughrhgs .. Kota Bharu got plenty HORLICKS ..how come here no HORLICKS. Pity me.

c) O I see. Give me Tea-Tarikkkk please.

The assistant : Thank you. Food order Sir?

Types of responses:

a) You have satey ayammmm? I want 25 sticks please.

b) Or you have kerabu perutttt lembu muda please?

The assistant: You are lucky. We have all that .. wait I go and butcher the cow outside the shop ..wait ok?

-------------------------------------

You might be laughing. Mr Brown and Ali in a famous episode called "LEARN YOUR LANGUAGE" has plenty of laughs .. why? To make people happy while learning.

By the way did you see me saying lots and lots of please.

YES. When you order anything .. say please at the end of each order. OK?

If you want to say NO. NO .. NO ..

look here Ali .. you can say .. NO , I am afraid I don't like that Tea-tarikkkkk.

Why Sir? Your tarik so short.

Yes. the english people always say " i am afraid .. so and so for not being able to fulfil your request like kerabu perut lembu muda. Where get that in KLCC, you stupid Ali. (laugh).

So we have learnt 2 things here.

FIRST .. say please.

SECOND .. say I am afraid I don't like that " apa benda yg mu nok nya "

I think thats all for today. I hope enjoy you tea tarikkkkk and kerabu perut lembu muda. Wushhhh ,.. so nice our Malaysian Kelantanese dishes , yiu know?

See you. Bye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment