Who are you?

Posted by sazali

Salam.

A call came just now. He asked who I am.

Ok I better explain.

I am a malay gentleman. I was trained as a teacher in Mathematics and English. I obtained my basic degree in Mathematics from Leeds University, England. But before entering to a university, I sat for GCE "A"levels in three subjects called Mathematics, Economics and Geography. I did my A levels in Grantham College FFE. Then I read my masters in Computers in Education in Birmingham University and lastly I settled with my doctorate in Technical and Vocational Education in UTHM, Johor, Malaysia. ( so basically I have written three thesis of about 30,000 words in English).


Before joining UTHM, I taught Maths, Stats and Programming in a polytechnic PKB, Kota Bharu. Most of my teaching was done in English. I got many enemies. One of them is they don;t like my punctuality that I gained from the English professors. I tried very hard to pay my debt on time. I got that habit from the English too.

Then after so many years in PKB .. I dreamt of doing PHD. Many people said 'permanent head damage' but I did not see any damage in my brain after so much studying and spending lots of time in Conferences throughout Europe and South East Asia.

Now I am teaching maths in English to my undergraduate students. Mostly they are malays. Some Arabs started to join the class. Therefore I have to upgrade my English in order to instruct them as well as possible. Sofar I won three awards 'BEST SERVICE AWARD' in PKB and UTHM. From the registrar office, he told us that only 10% of the staff can manage to get this award yearly. It is pure internal assessment by the Dean, your peers and etc etc.

I think thats all for the time being. Please commment productively if you want to drop any message/ idea/ opinion on these lessons. I welcome them very much. My religion asked me to '.. say something nice even if it is just a simple sentence' thats what push me to the class called 'ENGLISH LESSONS among my malays". I think it is not bad, isn't it? Am I so bad in English? he..he.. if I am so bad ..I don;t think I can get any A level distinction in my college before I was admitted to a university called LEEDS and Birmingham. (laugh).

Thanking you in advance.

Bye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment