English Lessons for malays 21

Posted by sazali

hi!

Now we are in the mood of celebrating Eid Mubarak. We had just completed 30 days fasting in the month of Ramadhan. Congratulations!

He..he..

Ranjit. Did you hear I said 'Congratulations just now' Ranjit?

Ranjit: Yes Sir loud and clear . Congratulations.

Why did I use the word CONGRATULATIONS?

Ali: Because you are happy.
(laugh)

Sir: why am I happy?

Ali: You can now eat everything .. on the table. (laugh).

Sir: thats right Ali. You are very clever now Ali. Congratulations.

Ranjit: Why you congratulation him Sir? He is not that clever .. Ali not as clever as me Sir. You know that years ago. Didn;t you Sir?

Sir: Yes. You are as smart as Ali actually. Sit down Ranjit.

Ok Ok .. what is the opposite of CONGRATULATIONS .. any body?

Olex: CONGRATULATIONSSS .. with more 'S'
Sir: No. that is not correct. Others please?
( the class laugh louder this time)
Mei : NO CONGRATULATIONS!

Sir: O my God. not as easy as that Mei. He..he..

Any body else?

Ok Ok .. I think your brain is not working today . don't you? Too much drinking ..

The answer is 'CONDOLENCE'.

So if you met your friend who had just experience death among his family members .. you can say ' I AM SO SORRY ' ..this expression 'I am so sorry ' is called CONDOLENCE.

to console somebody means .. to share the sorrow together with our friends.

I think thats all for today.

You have met 2 words here. CONGRATULATIONS and CONDOLENCE.

CONGRATULATE = to share happiness

CONDOLENCE = to share sorrow when somebody dies

That's all mate.

Bye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment