Englsih Lessons for Malays 16

Posted by sazali

salam.

Good Morning everybody. You slept well last night Mr Brown?

Today I am going through with you something called PREPOSITIONS.

In Malay , we write things such as "Letakkan buku itu di atas meja."

dan " Masukkan udang kering ke dalam kuali bila minyak sudah mendidih."

Prepositions = kata sendi ; sendi nama seperti di atas / ke dalam

Examples:
1. Put the book ON the table.
2. Put the prawns INTO the wok.

You get me? (can you follow Mr Brown?) - do you understand what this is ?

Other examples.

3. Switch OFF the TV. ( off is the preposition).
4. Turn ON the computer ( on is the prepostion).
5. He sits between the Russian girls. ( between is the preposition).
6. Islam forbids man from mingling with ladies whom they can marry. ( WITH).
7. Flip through the Atlas and tell me where is MONGOLIA. ( THROUGH)
8. Hang the portrait on the wall, Amjeet Singh? (ON)
9. Get out from this room! It is on fire. (OUT)
10. See through the trees and don't worry so much about the jungle. (THROUGH)


I think I better give you some exercises. Will that be alright , Mr Brown and Mrs Green?

Q1. The red book is ..... the yellow and the brown ones on the shelf.
Q2. Switch ... the computer, will you when you are leaving from my room.
Q3. Mingling ... girls is bad for you Muslims.
Q4. Trying .... the new dress takes her so long in the small room.
Q5. The printer is good. The quality of its print .... the paper is sharp and clear.
Q6. I skimm .... the essay and spotted the errors.
Q7. Finally I saw her .... the platform. What a relief after all these years!
Q8. Buying good dictionary and reading lots of newspaper will eventually pays .... all your investment. Believe me?
Q9. The shootings were directly ... target.
Q10. She is cooking something .. .. the kitchen. Please wait.

I think thats all for the time being. I got to see a dentist now. See you.

Answers:
Q10. in
Q9. off
Q8. off
Q7. on
Q6. through
Q5. ON
Q4. ON
Q3. among
Q2. OFF
Q1. BETWEEN

0 comments:

Post a Comment