English Lessons for Malays 22

Posted by sazali

Hi!

Happy Eid everybody.

Now in Malaysia and many parts of the world .. muslims are celebrating Eid Mubarak/ Aidil Fitri. Wow! so much celebrations in this Malaysia.

If you visit someone there are few questions that you can ask such as:

1. how are you uncle/ auntie?
2. Thank you ..so much. Your rendang so good auntie. Who cook this rendang auntie?
3. Opps .. I am afraid I can't eat 'tapai ubi' .. by the way 'who prepare this tapai auntie?'
4. When did you arrive here?
5. Where are you working ?
6. In Kuala Lumpur? Where do you work?
7. I am not a programmer but I am just an I.T lecturer in UTHM, Johor. Thank you. You like programming Abdol?
You like working there Abdol?
You enjoy driving in KL Abdol?
You enjoy mamak food there Abdol?

So If people ask.. please answer them politely. Such as:

8. Yes I like programming becuase .. it is a big challenge to me.
9. Yes I like working in Kumpur becuase I can meet many foreigners.
10. No, I don;t like Mamak food because .. the gravy is already expired by 3 days ..mostly. (laugh). Vocabulary. Gravy is 'kuah pekat berminyak itu'.
11. No thanks.. I enjoy .. taking LRT instead.
12. No I don;t like working in Kumpr really .. if can I want to work in New York City next year.
In fact there are so many types of questions to ask when we met many people during this blessed days in Sywal 2012.

So listen carefully the questions . and be brave to answer them in English. Use pleanty of please and thank you ..will you?

Bye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment