English Lessons for my Malays 13

Posted by sazali

Salam

Welcome Irwan Hakimi to my english class. He..he.. i am impressed with him because he has travelled round the globe many times already. Alhamdulilah.

Today I am going to teach you all something called adjectives and adverbs.

In the first lesson I taught you Nouns right? kata nama . rumah, kereta. they are nouns.

something to describe more on nouns is called adjectives. big house. The word 'big' is the adjective. It describes the house. It is a big house.

Next is Mercedes cars are expensive. So expensive is an adjective. The car is expensive. It costs you RM300,000 if it is a new one. Here 'new' is also an adjective. It tells yoiu that the car is new.

PART B.

adverbs. kata kerja. kata sifat.

'run' is a verb. berlari kata perbuatan. So if we write ' He runs so slowly'. the word slowly is an adverb. it describes how he runs? He runs so slowly.

'write' is a verb. menulis. Aminah Hitam writes so neatly.

How does she write? She writes so neatly. So 'neatly' is the adverb.

I hope you can follow my teaching here. Can't you?

Exercise:

Underline which is an adjective and which is an adverb.

Q1. "The journal is up-to-date. It came as a surprise this morning". explained Jerry.

Q2. A journal is a collection of excellent pieces of writings by researchers on a certain area of knowledge.

Q3. Manchester United is a boring team. They always win any game with their hands tight. I never support them.

Q4. Mr Sulaiman taught us Statistic very effectively. I enjoyed his teaching very much.

OK then try and have a go at it. I shall supply the answer the next time we meet.

Till then good bye.

Reference:

1. Adibah Amin (1975). 'As I was passing'. Utusan Melayu Sdn Bhd. Kuala Lumpur.

0 comments:

Post a Comment