English Lessons for Malays 18

Posted by sazali

Hi.

Good to be back again. Our English class I mean.

Today I am going to bring you to a situation where we have to use words like 'would you ' and 'should you'.

Let me start.

if you start with 'You should..' - this sounds quite rude. Example: You should dress like this and that. It sounds very authoritative. Not many people would like to be commanded at the times. So if you ask someone 'Should you not tidying up your room ?' means .. you must tidy up your room. This sounds more like an army commander to me. How about you?

but if you use

'Would you like me to help you Amin?" - this sounds very nice and orderly among office workers and we take that as a pleasant help.

'Would you like to tag along to the airport? ' . this sounds very welcoming to us while waiting for someone so special coming back from abroad.

but if you use " Should you tag along with us ? " - this is more of a command. What do you think?

I think thats all for today.

See you. I would like you to practice that style of asking in your day to day life. God Willing we are going to work well throughout the years to come.

Cherio!

0 comments:

Post a Comment